With more than 18 years of experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM) and IT industries, Lisa works with organizations to reduce non-compliance risk, drive operational effectiveness and grow their business. Her consulting expertise is in the areas of HR outsourcing, HR administration, hosted technology, HRIS, SaaS, Payroll, Employee Benefits, Risk Management, HR Compliance Framework, Time & Labor Management solutions, Performance Management and all aspects of HCM…So pretty much everything HR related. She was born and raised in central Ohio and has a strong interest in supporting the growth of the local economy. Outside of work, she enjoys being outdoors, swimming and spending time with her daughter.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does your new-employee onboarding process look like?
Your personal employee experience team member will welcome you to our organization, explain the process and outline expectations. They’ll help you craft communication to your employees with all of the relevant details, including forms such as the I-9 and W-4. They’ll also secure employee signatures and records. Your personal team member will also be available to all of your staff, should they have any questions or wish to meet. We believe this white-glove onboarding process builds an authentic connection and trust between you and your staff and EmPower HR.
What will my service team look like?
Your dedicated team will answer all HR, payroll and benefits questions through our manager and employee support portal. Every interaction is recorded and tracked in order to share insights into your employees’ concerns. Also available to you are:
- A payroll/technology lead to audit each payroll prior to processing
- An HR business partner for compliance, employee relations and strategic guidance
- Client experience lead to ensure white-glove service
How do you support private equity?
Private equity (PE) turns to EmPower HR in three scenarios:
- Corporate carve-outs. We can provide the infrastructure to keep the business moving so the new organization can focus on getting off the ground successfully.
- Roll-ups. EmPower HR’s business-integration playbook provides the foundation for organizational growth, tapping our experience in onboarding newly acquired organizations’ employees, including due diligence prior to the purchase and post-sale consolidation and streamlining.
- Platform for growth. When a family business sells to PE, EmPower HR establishes the infrastructure, creating processes and providing HR and back-office support. If the business is later sold to a strategic buyer, our fees become an add-back to the EBITDA and increase the profitability by multiple of the sale.
What does the benefit renewal process look like?
Our master plan facilitates benefits renewal, providing an advantage to small employers by accessing a large-group medical plan, specifically by eliminating the age-banded rates and the volatility of potentially high increases. If you wish to look at medical plan carriers outside of the Master Plan, we will happily facilitate so you don’t have to change your payroll provider in order to make a medical plan change. At EmPower HR, we partner with you for long-term success.
Association for Corporate Growth, Women in Transactions, Ohio Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Vistage, One Columbus, UBT , Columbus Chamber Member Engagement, Association for Corporate Growth, ACG WiT
My passion is to serve business owners along with their leadership teams, by enabling them to achieve their growth goals through a well-developed and executed people strategy. My clients recognize me as a value-added partner and a "trusted advisor.”
Schedule A Virtual Call With Lisa
You don't always come across an HR company that puts you first, but at EmPower HR, that's exactly what we do.
I look forward to learning more about your business's HR needs and sharing how EmPower HR can deliver solutions that work.
Fill The Form Out Below
Schedule A Virtual Call with Lisa